Audiences are raving about “Mad Max: Fury Road”. This is a great book that will serve as a nice companion to the film.
This is a well-balanced book that includes a lot of imagery: early sketches, concept art, production photos, character portraits, and shots of the finished movie. The book is mainly organized by major characters and sequence. Material is presented in chronological order of how it appears in the film.
Anyone who has seen "Fury Road" knows that it has a very distinct look, whether it be the complex vehicles, the unique character makeup, or the overall color palette of the film. As you might imagine, there is a lot to explore in this art book, which allows you to see the design work up close and study it. There is also text in the book which highlights some of the design challenges as well as the overall film production process.
Obviously, this book is highly recommended if you are a fan of the movie and were impressed with its visual elements.
What's included in the book:
- A look at all the characters in the film: including Max, Furiosa, and Immortan Joe
- Makeup and costumes
- Designing the Citadel
- Creating the Vehicles (which were built to look great but also withstand the stunt work required)
- Storyboards and sketches of key sequences
- On-location photography (including shooting in the deserts of Namibia, Africa)
- Photographs of the props, weapons, and vehicle interiors
Buy the book on Amazon.com
*Republished with permission from MovieArtBook.com
ART OF THE FILM
features detailed reviews of books related to the art of film & television.
You can support the site by shopping using the Amazon link below.