This is a comprehensive guide to the characters, creatures, droids, planets, and designs of "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story". There are a lot of new elements in the film which expand the Star Wars universe, but there are also many connections to the saga films, namely "A New Hope". The book discusses the many aspects of the film, both old and new. Of course, being an Ultimate Visual Guide, the book centers around high-resolution photos that fans will love. The book maintains the high editorial standards, as well as quality printing and layout, that fans have come to expect from DK Publishing and the previous Star Wars visual guides.
All of the visual elements of the film are included here (with the exception of a few that are meant to be surprises).
- Characters: Jyn Erso, Saw Gerrera, K2-SO, Director Krennic, Darth Vader, etc
- Rebel and Empire forces, as well as their costumes
- Props such as weapons, survival kits, and other gear
- The various ships and transports such as the X-Wing, TIE Striker, and AT-ACT.
- The Death Star plans and the datatape cartridge that contains them.
- The various planets in the film and their environments, local populations, and landmarks.
The book includes a nice foreword from John Knoll, as well as a galactic map which includes the new planets in Rogue One, and a size comparison chart (so you can see the relative scale of the film's combat vessels in relation to each other). There are also a few pages at the end of the book that go behind the scenes with photographs of the film's production, a very welcome addition for those curious about the filmmaking process.
If you are more interested in conceptual artwork, then the book to get is The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I'd highly recommend both books if you enjoyed the film.
On sale now at Amazon.com
ART OF THE FILM
features detailed reviews of books related to the art of film & television.
You can support the site by shopping using the Amazon link below.